8/6/11

Chess ace to be coached by foreign expert



Le Quang Liem at Tan Son Nhat Airport
Vietnam’s number 1 chess player, Le Quang Liem, will be coached by foreign experts, a government official hasannounced.
Vietnam Chess Federation (VCF) General Secretary, Luong Trong Minh, announced the new plan during a press conference held at Tan Son Nhat Airport, on August 3.

The conference was held to welcome Liem back from the July 21-31 Super GM chess contest in Dortmund, Germany.
Considering Liem’s recent achievements, Minh said that Liem needs a high-quality foreign chess expert to help take him to new heights.

That is why the VCF and the General Department of Physical Training and Sports has decided to provide funds to hire a foreign coach for Liem.
Liem said the past few days at the competition in Dortmund helped him gain valuable experience.
“I was the fourth seed at the event and I finished second,” he said. “That result was very pleasing to me. I had some chances to win in some games but I missed them. Anyway, I don’t regret it because hardly anyone can be perfect in every move.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO "VIETNAM LOTUS", WE GO AHEAD TOGETHER!